Feeling at home with God

Frodsham Parish HallEach month, on the last Saturday, the church that I attend has a quiet morning in our Parish Hall. Today we had a visitor from our local Roman Catholic Church - a lady called Pauline Furlong.

One thing she did was play some music for us, including this beautiful song:


Come as you are, that's how I want you,
Come as you are, feel quite at home
Close to my heart, loved and forgiven,
Come as you are, why stand alone?
Picture from www.allposters.co.uk Item #: 1829726
No need to fear, love sets no limits,
No need to fear, love never ends,
Don't run away, shamed and disheartened;
Rest in my love, trust me again.

I came to call sinners not just the virtuous,
I came to bring peace, not to condemn,
Each time you fail to live by my promise,
Why do you think I'd love you the less?

Come as you are, that's how I love you,
Come as you are, trust me again,
Nothing can change the love that I bear you;
All will be well, just come as you are.

Come as you are, that's how I want you,
Come as you are, feel quite at home,
Close to my heart, loved and forgiven,
Come as you are, why stand alone?

- Deidre Browne


What wonderful words. "Why do you think I would love you the less? - Nothing can change the love that I bear you."

When we believe that, deeply in our hearts, then we are at home with God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So - for a few moments - let yourself be at home with God.

Somewhere quiet, somewhere safe, somewhere where you can sit and talk with God openly and lovingly.

Imagine that place now and in your mind's eye put yourself there...

... and simply enjoy being in the presence of someone who loves you completely - just as you are.
Loved, treasured and accepted - just as you are.
Spend a little time just being loved and loving in return...

And if it feels appropriate, now simply say to God whatever is on your heart...

... and hear God's reply to you, his loved one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And may God's blessing be on you, now and always.
Come as you are, that's how I love you,
Come as you are, trust me again,
Nothing can change the love that I bear you;
All will be well, just come as you are.

0 comments