Here is another one of St Ignatius' famous prayers. I remember this from my school days - it made quite an impression on me and always triggers emotion in me whenever I hear it - a feeling like something is expanding in my chest!

Do any prayers make you feel this way?


St. Ignatius' Prayer for Generosity

Lord, teach me to be generous.
Teach me to serve you as you deserve;
to give and not to count the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek for rest,
to labor and not to ask for reward,
save that of knowing that I do your will.


I would so love to have a one-to-one with Ignatius!

2 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    2 May 2009 at 00:52

    Wow...to give and not count the cost!!! So hard...such amazing words....
    These words have the same impact on me as the St francis of Assisi Prayer.....

    Lord grant that I may never seek to be consoled as much as to console!!!!!!

    Col

  2. Kath Williamson  

    2 May 2009 at 21:14

    Yes - they are very challenging words. Powerful.

    God bless.