The Safety Net of God's Grace

This was part of a Quiet Morning in church amongst the 'Nets' - Wendy Rudd's textile project in the Lady Chapel.

John 10:27-30
My sheep know my voice, and I know them. They follow me, and I give them eternal life, so that they will never be lost. No one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father gave them to me, and he is greater than all others. No one can snatch them from his hands, and I am one with the Father.
Deuteronomy 33:27
The eternal God is your dwelling place and underneath are the everlasting arms.

Imagine an acrobat in a circus...

Beneath her she has a large safety net. If she makes a mistake, if she slips, if she makes a misjudgement – her fall is broken by the gentleness of the safety net.

God’s grace is our safety net.

When we hurt others – we are caught by God’s mercy.
When we ourselves are hurt – we are caught by God’s love.
We are ultimately safe in God’s hand.

From Allposters.co.uk - Item #: 914540

Amen, loving God.

Further resource

2 comments

  1. Understanding Alice  

    3 April 2009 at 23:16

    true :)

  2. Kath Williamson  

    5 April 2009 at 16:08

    yes