Just for a moment...

From bluekdesign on Flickr
... be there, sitting beside Jesus.

Matthew 11:28-30
‘Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.’

Just for a moment…
…allow yourself to be there, sitting beside Jesus. He turns to you – yes - to you – and he says, ‘Come to me you that are weary and carrying heavy burdens and I will give you rest’.
As you look at Jesus, allow yourself to rest in his presence, knowing that you are held safely in his strong gaze, in his love and in his constancy.
You are held,
you are safe,
you are precious.

Whatever is going on in your life, Jesus knows and he is there.
Whatever is going on in your life, you are ultimately safe in his care.
Held safely in his strong gaze, in his love and in his constancy.
You are held,
you are safe,
you are precious.
Allow yourself to be: held, safe and precious.

2 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    1 January 2009 at 20:44

    This has helped me today kath, thank you. x

  2. Kath Williamson  

    8 January 2009 at 00:24

    I'm glad that it has. God bless you.